Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Go Green- What can me and My Family do!

There are many different things that we as a society can do to make this world a better place. I try to do little, in regards to making this a better place. It's not much, but it is certainly a start. The first time i saw An Incontinent Truth, I really couldn't believe my ears. I didn't realize how much humans, denaturalize the environment. It wasn't really important to me before. My model was, what can my little self do to help the environment, not much, But after watching this interesting film, my interest in making this a better planet changed. I then wanted change my way of life. The thing that scared me was when Al Gore showed what can happen to New York City at the rate that we are going. I saw that the city could actually go under water. For me this was a major wake up can. Indeed I do try to do little things to help the environment. When I remember, I do recycle. I also try to conserve energy. I try not to keep the T.V running all night, turn of the bathroom light, generally simple things. I came across an interesting website that suggested several things that we could do to make this world a better place. Surprisingly there were actually some suggestions that I would consider. Not all, But some. It mentioned how using organic cotton, could help, which would be a problem for me, as long as the material is still name brand. Also to use a human lawnmower, as opposed to using one ran by energy. This wouldn't be a bad idea, only we don't have any land to mow. So this would be irrelevant, in my case, Or to dry cloths using a clothes lines, rather than to use the dryer, My moms use to this when I was younger. Maybe she might consider that idea. Also to ride bikes, in replacement of a vehicle, in which I don't think would work out for my parents, simply because they are old and lazy, But me being young without a car. I will surly consider that idea. These were all interesting proposals. I want to make this world a better place, so perhaps me and my family could, dry our cloths the old fashion way, recycle, by organic cotton cloths, turn out lights when it's necessary. These are some of the thing we can do to get this positive movement rolling.

4 comments:

Brandon said...

Hey, Anthony!

I noticed that you didn't have a single comment on any of your blog entries from one of our classmates.

That really sucks.

To think that your efforts serve some kind of purpose, other than fulfilling a task, only to realize that the only person to read your blog is you.

The prospect of our city becoming flooded is, indeed, terrifying.

Stay up.

C. Jason Smith said...

I agree! And it does suck that no classmates' have responded to you until now. Have you been responding on their blogs?

Try and look for things you CAN do!

Oh, and what is a wake-up can?

Skittlez said...

you did mean a wake up call right.... lolz... now i like i how u odid put a little humor into what you were saying, but everything you did say is quite honest...

Anthony said...

Thanks for the support, and to Brandon, is that your son? he is adorable!