Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Trip to the Library/Save the Planet [Spring Break]-You Already Know!!

Though i have visited many libraries, i must admit that this was quite an interesting trip. I must start off by commenting on the Tour of that fascinating library , with the lions statues. I'm sure that many classmates will agree that it was a site to see. However, the guy that was explaining the history of exhibit, was certainly killing me. I don't know if everyone else was tired of listening, but i know that i certainly couldn't take anymore. But i did admire that the structure of the building. As the guy mentioned, the wall were certainly different from most wall, built now of days. I guess they don't make them like that anymore. Anyhow, i learned a tremendous amount of things about these two libraries. The First library was certainly interesting, in the sense that the building had so many sources of research. Throughout the first and fifth floor, there were sources from Different nationalities of the world, documentations on famous people, such as Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson's, I mean actual DVD footage of these kinds of people. I wanted to to check out some items, unfortunately i didn't have a library card. I was really impressed with what i saw. What also made the library so cool was the fact that there was a separate floor for the media. In which you could actually receive access to the web, as well as look up some of the best magazines. The list goes On.
I pretty sure that there was also of sources on how to keep the planet from self destructing. I din;t really have that much time to find any thing, but i am however, trying many new life changes to make the planet a better place. I know that i won't make much of a difference, but i don't mind making a positive difference. As mentioned previously, i do in fact try to do little things around the house different. I we also switched from plastic containers, to glass. We recycle a lot more often, and we also try to conserve a little bit more energy. I turn things off more frequently, such as the bathroom light, computer, television, thing that don't need to be plugged in, such as the charger for my phone, generally things of this nature. Like i said, it's not much, a a little bit does make a difference, even if it's just a small contribution. Plese feel free to comment, or make suggestions, peace.

No comments: