Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Perception of War Movies/Platoon

I must admit I have seen a great an amount of different kinds of war movies, similar to platoon. These films always leave me wondering what these soldiers really felt like. I think platoon was great in its own special way. The one thing I found that I found interesting about the particular film is how they focused on the social life of the soldiers. I personally enjoyed the scene of the soldiers getting drunk. Before watching this film, I didn’t know that these things existed in the Vietnam War. But it seems that of all of these movies the main idea is showing the pride of the American military. Because one thing I can say that is common amongst all of these different war films is the way the present the U.S Military. All of these movies give me a perception that the U.S soldiers went through tough times, but at the same time everyone felt a tremendous amount of patriotism for there country. I think that the most important, that the viewers have a sense of respect for the U.S Military. A similar movie that I thought was similar to this movie the patriot, with stared Mel Gibson, It seem that the makers of the film general purpose was to show the viewers the pride of Mel Gibson, who was a soldier. Or even troy, though it wasn’t about the U.S military, the fact still remains that there was a strong sense of pride on both sides. I sometimes wonder why this idea is emphasized so much in films no of days. I personally think that these movies are designed under this idea because perhaps the government feels that it’s important of how other nations perceive us. Generally I think that these films can only be air if is demonstrates the military in a fair way. Through Platoon showed some negative scenes of the military. I don’t think it necessarily think the scene of the vandalizing the innocent villages, or getting drunk and high was appropriate. So over all I the war films in this country present the military in a certain way, in a way that the viewers feel confident in the military soldiers.

No comments: